Thursday, March 11, 2010

BUMMER


Adam Gopnik brought some things to light for me, but in the end, it was disappointing. As the discussion was based around Lincoln and Darwin there was of course an exchange about slavery. Gopnik goes into to rap up his thoughts on what would have happened if Lincoln had not been shot where he writes about there being no slavery in America and England anymore. He lost me there, that statement is just not true. So, I decided it was a good run, I learned a few things, and me and my grains of salt are moving on to Derek Nikitas' The Long Division.

Sam and I are excited about this book, as it was a library employee pick. The "staff picks" at the Hollywood branch have always been gold for us.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you reading?

What are you reading? Why are you reading it? Did your bff recommenced it and you are too afraid to tell them it is drivel? Did you pick it up at the bus stop? Should I read it?

Followers